Don’t let your haemodialysis treatment programme stop you enjoying life. Let us take away the burden of booking your treatment together with your holiday to Greece instead. We work with private clinics with modern facilities of the highest standards and multilingual staff and can make arrangements which meet your needs and budget.
So whether you’re after a relaxing family holiday by the beach or a more intense experience in an urban environment combining culture and entertainment or you’re looking for a romantic break we are ready to welcome you. From Amalias and Chalkidiki to the cities of Athens and Thessaloniki and the romantic escapes in Chania, Rhodes and Aegina the choice is yours!
The quality of our medical services:
All renal insufficient patients regardless of their condition can be looked after in the establishments we work with and can have treatment as often as necessary. Conventional heamodialysis, peritoneal dialysis and heamodiafiltration are all available depending on each patient’s needs.
The clinics we work with specialise in chronic dialysis and offer high quality medical services. They are: Biomedicine in Athens, IATOS clinics in Chania and Amalias, Nefrologiki clinic in Thessaloniki ,Helionephro in Rhodes and the Saronic Nephrological Centre in Aegina. They all are within easy access of either resort areas or the buzz of beautiful cities and offer extensive patient services. They work with local hospitals and offer the appropriate level of care and assistance. An ambulance service is also available.
About the medical equipment:
- Depending on the centre you choose the dialysis machines used are:
- Gambro AK 200 S and AK 200 ULTRA S dialysis machines
- Nikkiso dialysis machines
- Fresenius dialysis machines
- Braun Dialog + dialysis machines
- Dialysis filters made from the latest technology synthetic membranes (Low & high flux polysulfone, or any other membrane, dialyser filters and dialyser solutions with bicarbonate )
New generation equipment for emergency blood analysis
Monitors for continuous patient surveillance
- Defibrillators and aspirator for emergencies
Equipment sterilized after each use
Secured water treatment units
Separate treatment rooms for patients with infectious conditions/diseases
About the medical staff:
Resident nursing and medical staff are available around the clock (24/7) and can speak one or more foreign languages. Greek doctors are very well trained in high quality Greek and international medical schools (e.g. National Kapodistrian University of Athens, University of Thessaloniki, University of Wulzburg Germany) and have many years of experience in their field having worked in and with major hospitals both in the USA and Europe. Nephrologists, cardiologists and anaesthesiologists include some of the specialists available at the clinics. Should you require more information about doctors’ qualifications or wish to speak to them please contact us using our enquiry form.
For your care and personal comfort:
- Physicians are present at every dialysis and remain at your disposal round the clock, both to provide advice and in case of emergencies that may arise.
- You will be constantly closely supervised by the nursing and medical staff
- Fully equipped nearby hospitals and a host of specialised physicians work with the clinics to deal with emergencies or other conditions non related to dialysis
- Humane, efficient and most up-to-date haemodialysis care.
- Highly sophisticated laboratories together with the latest medical and diagnostic equipment
- Special blood purification beds with adjustable back rests for more serious cases
- Provision for exclusive room and equipment use for patients with infectious conditions and diseases ( e.g. HIV,Hepatitis B and C)
- TV available for your personal use
- WiFi available in some of the units
- Fully adjustable beds and dialysis chairs controlled by you
How much does dialysis cost?
As each person is different each case is assessed individually. Please fill in the enquiry form stating how many dialysis sessions you might need for the duration of your stay and we will get in touch with a more detailed quote.
Our dialysis holiday destinations in Greece:
Travel to Amalias and discover rural landscapes, beautiful beaches, experience rest and relaxation in its true essence and visit the nearby home of the ancient Olympics. If you’re after relaxing family holiday you will not be disappointed.
Or choose a city experience in Athens with its classical beauty, its culture scene and get ready for a shopping safari!
If romance is what you’re after then Chania, the fortified coastal city where cultures met and left their marks on the Cretan landscape, is surely the place to be.
For a cosmopolitan feel and a trip through time, then Rhodes with its immaculately preserved and inhabited medieval coastal city, a World Heritage Site, and beautiful beach resorts can’t be missed.
Immerse yourself in the clear waters of Chalkidiki and let the ‘Bride of the North’,Thessaloniki charm you with cobbled streets, ancient walls, hundreds of churches and mouth-watering dishes and aromas from the east and west!
Venture to the hidden mysteries of Aegina, unravel stories of Greek archaeology and religion, relax watching the free wildlife with the organization EKPAZ, but above all, don’t forget to enjoy the abundant local produce of the island!
How to make an enquiry or a booking:
We are here to help you choose the centre where you have your treatment at, based on your individual needs and will handle the administration and paperwork related to this. We can then tailor make your trip and book anything from your flights and accommodation to transfers and excursions. Our flexible approach ensures you are in control of the cost.
Accommodation prices start from €290 for a five night stay in a double room in resort areas or for €250 for a city break in a double room. All you need to do is fill in the enquiry form and we will take care of the rest.